What we do
Music Centre members enjoy playing their instruments together, and improving their musical skills. Orchestras and bands are led by experienced musicians and there are opportunities to play in concerts and weekly rehearsals. There are groups for players of all standards and ages, particularly under 25’s.
The Music Centre Committee is responsible for the Music Centre and its activities. We:
- are the governing body for the Torbay and South Devon Music Centre;
- are the trustees of the registered charity;
- meet regularly to set policies and guide the management of the Music Centre;
- raise most of the money needed to run the Music Centre;
- provide practical assistance at weekly meetings and concerts.
Our Annual Report for the year ending April 2017 is available here.
The Committee meets regularly at the Church House Inn, Marldon. The minutes of that meeting are available here.
Torbay and South Devon Music Centre is directed by
Moira teaches music across Torbay and has experience of working with youth music groups.
Who we are
The Committee members are:
Chairman – Martin Hill
Treasurer – Deborah Blackmore
Other members – Graeme Hardman, Marina Kummer, Christopher Sears, Mary Stocker
We do not have a Secretary at the moment. If you would be willing to consider taking minutes at our meetings please contact us for more details of what is involved.
Music Centre policies
Torbay and South Devon Music Centre is supported by: