Newsletter Summer 2018
- Music Centre members should stay on site until collected at the end of your ensemble. Please do not leave the school between ensembles, for your own protection and safety. If you change your normal arrangements, please let someone know! The Boys’ Hall is staffed throughout, and is the best place to wait to be collected.
- THIS TERM’S CONCERT is at The Centenary Hall, Torquay Boys’ Grammar School, on Friday 6th July at 7pm. This concert is for all Music Centre groups and members. Tickets will cost £6 and £3, available at the door and at Music Centre rehearsals. The Young Musician of the Year trophy and prizes for Player of the Year for each group will be presented. Please could members wear smart black trousers/skirt and white/coloured top for the concert? Can I remind all members that this is a public performance; you are on show and good behaviour is anticipated. All members will be the audience when not playing, to support all the musicians.
- We would welcome contributions to the raffle at the concert. Could we ask you to bring a contribution to the interval refreshments? Biscuits, cakes, and savouries would be very gratefully received. The Music Centre will provide drinks at no charge.
- Seating rehearsal schedule at the Centenary Hall on Friday 6th July:
4.30pm: Flute Choir and Percussion
4.55pm: Single Reed Ensemble
5.20pm: Youth Strings, Orchestra
5.45pm: Concert Orchestra, Concert Brass and Fast Forward
6.30pm: doors open for the audience.
7pm: Concert starts
- Concert Order: Concert Brass, Flute Choir, Fast Forward, Single Reed Ensemble
Concert Orchestra, Percussion, Youth Strings, Orchestra
- Remaining rehearsals this term are on 15th, 22nd and 29th After the concert on 6th July, there will be a break until September 14th.
Happy music making! Alicia