Newsletter Autumn 2017
- Please pay fees and return a registration form due for this term as soon as possible. If you pay by BACS, please also complete and return a registration form.
- Gift Aid: Every £1 a UK taxpayer pays in membership subscriptions allows the Music Centre to claim 25p from the taxman, providing you sign a Gift Aid declaration. This costs you nothing, but earns us £2-3k each year, enough to pay for our premises. if you haven’t filled in a form, they are available from Alicia. It can also be completed online.
- Music centre members should stay on site until collected at the end of your ensemble. Please do not leave the schools between ensembles, for your own protection and safety. If you change your normal arrangements, please let someone know!
- THIS TERM’S CONCERT is at the Centenary Hall on Friday 1st December at 7.00pm. This concert is for all music centre groups. Tickets will cost £6 and £3, available at the door and at Music Centre rehearsals. Please wear smart black trousers/skirt and white/coloured top with festive touches
- Seating rehearsal schedule at the Centenary Hall on Friday 1st December:
4.30pm: Single Reed Choir (clarinets and saxophones) and Concert Brass
4.55pm: Concert Orchestra and Percussion
5.20pm: Youth Strings, Orchestra
5.45pm: Flute Choir
6pm: Fast Forward
6.30pm: doors open for the audience.
7pm: Concert starts
- We would welcome contributions to the raffle at the concert. Could we ask you to bring a contribution to the interval refreshments? Biscuits, cakes, and savouries would be welcome. The Music Centre will provide drinks at no charge.
- Remaining rehearsals this term are on 17th and 24th November. After the concert on 1st December, there will be a break until 12th
Happy music making! Alicia