Newsletter Spring 2018
- THIS TERM’S CONCERT is at The Ariel Centre, Totnes, on Sunday 25th March at 3.00pm. This concert is for all Music Centre groups. Tickets will cost £6 and £3, available at the door and at Music Centre rehearsals. Can I remind all members that this is a public performance; you are on show and good behaviour is anticipated. All members will be the audience when not playing, to support all the musicians.
- Seating rehearsal schedule at the Ariel Centre on Sunday 25 March:
12.00: Single Reed Ensemble
12.30pm: Youth Strings
1.00pm: Orchestra, Percussion
1.30pm: Fast Forwards, Concert Brass
2.00pm: Concert Strings, Flute Choir
2.30pm: doors open for the audience.
3pm: Concert starts
Please wear smart black trousers/skirt and white/coloured top. Please no jeans or trainers….
- We would welcome contributions to the raffle at the concert. Could we ask you to bring a contribution to the interval refreshments? Biscuits, cakes, and savouries would be very gratefully received. The Music Centre will provide drinks at no charge.
- Please pay fees due for this term as soon as possible. If you pay by BACS, please also complete and return a registration form. Gift Aid: Every £1 a UK taxpayer pays in membership subscriptions allows the Music Centre to claim 25p from the taxman, providing you sign a Gift Aid declaration. This costs you nothing, but earns us £2-3k each year, enough to pay for our premises. if you haven’t filled in a form, they are available form Alicia. It can also be completed online.
- Music centre members should stay on site until collected at the end of your ensemble. Please do not leave the school between ensembles, for your own protection and safety. If you change your normal arrangements, please let someone know!
- Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra visited Music Centre on 23 February, a vey busy evening and a chance to make lots of children aware of the opportunities we can offer at Music Centre. The final rehearsal and concert will be on Wednesday 28 March at the Riviera Centre, Torquay. There will be a rehearsal from 1.30 to 4.30, followed by a performance in the evening. Letters for parents and schools to request permission to attend the afternoon rehearsal are available at the Music Centre.
- Remaining rehearsals this term are on 16 and 23 March. After the concert on 25 March, there will be a break until April 20.
Happy music making! Alicia